In order to be faithful to Christ at the centre and to follow the signposts given to us by the Synod journey, six areas of development have been identified.
Each of the development areas is led by a coordinating team who are taking forward the organic development of an area. This means that the pastoral plan is not a final finished piece of work but will be continually evolving as more work is done and as the process of listening and discerning continues.
An Archdiocesan Synodal Council will be formed which, with the Archbishop, will hold the responsibility of the accountability and on-going development of the pastoral plan.
The six areas are:
- Becoming a Church that accompanies people through life
- Becoming a Church that honours the vocation of all the baptised
- Becoming a Church where synodality is embedded
- Becoming a Church that renews its organisational structures and administers its property to serve its mission
- Becoming a Church where young people and young adults flourish
- Becoming a Church that cares for its priests